In Steve Jobs’ Stanford Commencement he made some remarks towards the end that you should relentlessly search for what gives you a mission in life.
I think there is magic at the intersection of the future and where your interest lies.
With business and computer science being my primary drivers, I can pursue almost any interesting technological challenge that will have commercial interest, which leads to the conundrum of having too many opportunities and not enough “Me”s.
Some futures that I’m interested in shaping:
- transportation (high speed rail)
- sustainable energy (renewables)
- data engineering (tools that help people make sense of big data)
- crypto (identity and finance that lives outside of gov and regulation)
- storage (how can we make digital storage that will last 100+ yrs?)
- remote/nomad (how is the world shifting for the needs of a growing remote workforce?)